Cyber tips from Google led to the arrest of a man on a charge of sexual exploitation of a minor.
Authorities in Nashville confirmed 35-year-old Jason Hall was taken into custody a few months after a search warrant was executed at his Greenland Avenue home.
Google officials had contacted the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children earlier in 2016 regarding the upload of a sexual video of a minor. Google also gave those at the center the Google account the video had been uploaded from.
Other uploads from that account according to Google included multiple sexual images of minors. The uploads occurred in November 2015 and February 2016.
Those with Google also provided a phone number associated with the account. That number was traced to Hall.
Authorities executed a search warrant at Hall’s home and interviewed him on April 6, which was when he admitted to being the user of the account in question.
Hall admitted to uploading the video and images and said he was locked out of the account by Google.
He also admitted to using his cell phone to access websites and search for images of minors.
Officials seized Hall’s cell phone and said they discovered more than 300 sexual images of minors on it. Most of the images involved young girls ages 11 to 14.
Hall was taken into custody and booked into jail before 10:30 p.m. Friday. His bond was set at $50,000.
No further details were available.