For anyone who has planned to shoot off fireworks this 4th of July, be careful.
The National Council on Fireworks Safety has released several tips to keep in mind.
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks. Fireworks are not allowed in Davidson County, but rules vary in surrounding counties.
- Read caution labels and know the fireworks you are using.
- Alcohol and fireworks don't mix.
- Always have a bucket of water and a water hose nearby.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
- Remember to keep an eye on your pets. Put them in a safe, interior room to avoid exposure to the sound.
Click here to view fireworks shows happening for Independence Day in Middle Tennessee.