Authorities confirmed Beech High School was briefly placed on lockdown after a threat was received through a phone call. The juvenile who placed the call, a Beech High student, was taken into custody.
The incident happened Wednesday morning at the school in the 3100 block of Long Hollow Pike in Hendersonville, and law enforcement responded to the scene.
The nature of the threat was a school shooting, but officials confirmed all students were safe. The threat was deemed to not be credible, and the juvenile who allegedly made the call has been taken into custody.
Before 10 a.m., authorities confirmed Beech High School and two adjacent schools -- T.W. Hunter Middle School and Beech Elementary School -- had been moved to Alert Status, meaning students were being kept securely in classrooms.
Reports stated just after 10:30 a.m. that the Alert Status had been lifted. School officials said there was no credible threat on campus at any time.
Law enforcement remained on site till both the lockdown and Alert Status were lifted. Once they were lifted, schedules resumed as usual for students.
Authorities said the juvenile, who's younger than 16 years old and a student at Beech High School, was charged with filing a false report and misuse of the 911 system.
Detectives tracked him to his house, where he reportedly confessed to what he had done.
— Matthew Torres (@NC5_MTorres) August 30, 2017