NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Heroes come in all shapes and sizes, and this one came in the form of a best friend.
Tuck Carter, a student at Dan Mills Elementary School in Nashville, was eating lunch with his friend Zion Anderson when Zion -- who’s allergic to nuts -- accidentally ate cashews.
Tuck saw something was wrong with Zion and quickly got help.
Tuesday night, the school board honored Tuck for his heroic action.
“We are very proud of Tuck and his friendship with Zion,” said Dr. Shawn Joseph. “We are glad to have them both here tonight.”
The school board presented Tuck with a certificate to commemorate saving Zion's life.