News

Actions

Mom, Daughter Displaced By Hermitage House Fire

Posted at 6:06 AM, Mar 04, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-04 10:39:43-05

A mother and her 2-year-old daughter have been displaced after fire broke out inside their Hermitage apartment. 

The incident happened before midnight Friday at a home on Margaret Robertson Drive in Hermitage.

The toddler and a relative were inside the home when the fire started. A smoke detector woke them, and they were able to make it out.

The mother's brother in law was babysitting her toddler and he reportedly tried to put out the blaze with an extinguisher but was unsuccessful.

Intense smoke and flames were seen pouring from a back bedroom window.

First responders mostly contained the fire to that bedroom but heavy smoke damage was reported throughout.

The loss was devastating to tenant Ashley Minton who said everything she owned was inside the building.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m a single mother, I’m only 22 [years-old] and everything I had was up there,” she said.

Minton said she’ll be staying with a friend until she can find another home. 

A Go Fund Me account has been set up to help them pay for the items they lost in the fire: Https://gofund.me/35skp8us