NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Personnel from Nashville Fire Station 24 were moved to different locations Friday after possible mold was found in the building.
Officials said employees from Engine 24 relocated to Station 11, while those assigned to EMS District 24 moved to Station 23.
The move was prompted after supervisors were notified of possible mold in the fire hall. The department’s safety office was called to the site and began investigating the issue.
Nashville Fire officials said initial reports indicate the presence of active mold spores of the Penicillium Ascomycetous fungi type.
It’s unclear when the issue would be resolved.
Station 24 was built in 1974.