NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Metro Nashville Public Works will be closing several downtown streets this weekend before and during the inauguration of Gov.-elect Bill Lee.
Here are the street and sidewalk closures for Friday, 1/18 and Saturday 1/19:
- 7th Ave N from Jefferson to Jackson (1/18)
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd from Rosa L. Parks to 5th (1/19)
- Deaderick St from 5th to 6th (1/19)
- Union St from 5th to Rosa L. Parks Blvd (1/19)
- 7th Ave N from Church to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (1/19)
- Anne Dallas Dudley Blvd (1/19)
- 6th Ave N from Union to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (1/19)
The inauguration was initially set to be held outside of Legislative Plaza at 11 a.m. on Saturday, but due to weather concerns, it was moved to War Memorial Auditorium.
“While the weather doesn’t seem to be cooperating, we are looking forward to a fantastic inaugural weekend,” said Lee in a press release. “I encourage Tennesseans to be safe, but still also feel welcome to attend this historic event. We are making every effort to accommodate overflow space for those wishing to attend because I want to ensure no Tennessean is turned away who wants to join us for the festivities.”
Event details can be found here.