Michigan middle schoolers accidentally eat marijuana edibles, are hospitalized

Posted: 10:42 AM, Nov 15, 2017
Updated: 2017-11-15 18:15:32Z
3 Mich. students sickened by marijuana edibles

Three Michigan middle school students were hospitalized Wednesday after they unknowingly consumed Cookie Crisp marijuana edibles, according to Warren police. 

Police say the eighth graders ate the cereal given to them by a ninth grader. The cereal reportedly contained marijuana oil. 

The students, who attend Michigan Math and Science Academy on Dequindre, consumed the cereal before school and later complained they were dizzy and lightheaded, according to police.

The girls were sent to a nearby hospital. 

The older student has been detained by police. 

Police said parents of the victims and the principal were notified.