NewsNewsChannel 5 Investigates

Actions

Mother Files Lawsuit After She Says Her Son Was Left To Die

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 10:19 PM, Aug 12, 2015
and last updated 2015-09-07 16:38:28-04

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - She said her son was left to die, and now new information has emerged in the case of a man who was pronounced dead even though he was still breathing.

NewsChannel 5 Investigates first reported on gunshot victim Antonio Foster last August.

Metro has now been facing a lawsuit from Foster's mother, Juanita King, claiming "outrageous conduct" and "infliction of emotional distress" because first responders left her son to die.

Doctors at Vanderbilt told the ambulance not to transport Foster because his injuries were not compatible with life.

Foster continued breathing for two hours before the ambulance returned and took him to the hospital. We interviewed his mother last year.

“They left a human being there to suffer for over two hours,” King said. “Struggling to breath. Struggling for life.”

King’s asking for $300,000. The Fire Department changed its policies after this incident to make sure it never happened again. 

Previous Stories: