Several roads will be closed due to President Trump’s visit to Nashville Wednesday. Some closures will be brief and others will last for an extended period of time.
The President's specific travel route has not been released due to security reasons, but drivers can expect roads in general areas of Nashville to be closed during his visit.
During the motorcade from The Hermitage to the Municipal Auditorium, James Robertson Parkway will be closed between Interstate Drive and Rosa L. Parks Boulevard. That closure will remain in effect until the conclusion of the rally.
Outbound roads from Nashville are not expected to be closed during the early portions of the President’s travel.
- Roads between the Nashville International Airport and The Hermitage - temporarily closed some time between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- In-bound roadways between The Hermitage and the Municipal Auditorium downtown - temporarily closed some time between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- 5th Avenue from Charlotte Avenue to James Robertson Parkway - closes at noon
- Gay Street between James Robertson Parkway and 5th Avenue - closes at noon
- James Robertson Parkway from 3rd to 5th Avenues will close at around 3 p.m. (or earlier depending on crowd size)
Most roadways will be reopened after the motorcade clears certain segments of the route. However, downtown roads effected will remain closed until the end of the rally.