FRANKLIN, Tenn. - The Franklin Police Department offered free car seats and booster seats to families who may not be able to afford them.
A parent or caregivers has to only complete a short online application in order to receive one.
A few restrictions apply:
- Applicant must be the primary caregiver at the time of application.
- The child should reside with the applicant.
- Applicant should have an income less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines index based on yearly gross income and household size.
- Applicant must be a Williamson County resident.
- Applicant must complete an in-house, 45-minute self-guided training on general child safety topics.