News

Actions

Propane Torch Used To Set Fire Inside Stratford H.S.

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 7:36 AM, Jul 15, 2015
and last updated 2015-09-04 16:43:09-04

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Stratford High School suffered fire and water damage after a propane torch was used to set fire to an administrative office.

Officials with Metro Police said the incident happened Sunday at the school located on Stratford Avenue in Nashville.

Investigators said Trevarious Carney used a portable fire extinguisher and broke into the school during the evening hours

The 20-year-old was allegedly seen on security video inside the building.

According to police, he first set a fire to the carpet inside an administrative office. He fled the scene after the fire alarm began sounding.

The building’s sprinkler system went off, causing considerable damage to the office.

It could cost an estimated $50,000 to clean-up the mess.

Carney was identified as a suspect and charged with attempted arson.

No additional details were known.