NASHVILLE, Tenn. - One day after snow blanketed most of Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky, many roads still remain icy.
Most of the interstates and major roadways were still clear but some side roads and streets could be icy.
Drivers should allow plenty of time if they have to be out on the roads.
AAA always recommends drivers to be prepared during winter months with an emergency road kit in their vehicle, which should include:
- Bag of abrasive material (sand, salt, cat litter) or traction mats
- Snow shovel
- Snow brush
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Window washer solvent
- Ice scraper
- Cloth or roll of paper towels
- Jumper cables
- Gloves, hats and blankets
- Warning devices (flares or triangles)
- Drinking water
- Non-perishable snacks (energy or granola bars)
- Extra clothes
- First-aid kit
- Basic toolkit (screwdrivers, pliers, adjustable wrench)
- Mobile phone and car charger with important numbers programmed in it, including a roadside assistance provider