A fire in Oak Grove, Kentucky destroyed an Amish home and business.
The blaze started around 6 p.m. Saturday on Miller Mill Road in a small Amish community.
The fire was so intense, seven area agencies were called in to fight the fire, including the Herndon Volunteer Fire Department.
"This was one of the largest fires that we've had in a long time," Fire Chief Neil Farmer of the Herndon Volunteer Fire Department said. "It was completely engulfed, you could see the flames for three, four miles."
According to Farmer, the structures damaged included an Amish woman's home, and Shady Lane Sales.
Farmer said a 300-gallon gasoline tank that was used to power a freezer exploded behind the Shady Lane store. The home and barn beside the store were destroyed, and those people inside and surrounding the structures barely made it out before the explosion.
"It was a matter of seconds," Farmer said.
Authorities added the store had been open for about ten years.
No animals or people were hurt, but a firefighter did require assistance for an injury that was not related directly to the fire.
Fire officials said fires in Amish communities can be more devastating than most because they don't have phones nearby to alert the fire department and no devices to alert themselves.
"They don't have electricity," Farmer explained. "So they don't have smoke detectors."
Many community members, both from the surrounding towns and Amish communities, stopped by the damaged home to offer assistance.
Moving forward, many in the community have planned to help the family clear the remnants of the fire and help the family rebuild.