Officials with the Dickson County Sheriff's Office again asked for volunteers to join in on the search efforts for the body of Joe Clyde Daniels On May 19.
They asked that everyone be at least 18 years old and sign up on the Sheriff's website, giving personal information and signing a disclosure form. Each volunteer must do both in order to be approved for the search.
Officials also asked these things of volunteers:
- Volunteers must be physically capable of navigating hills, fences, brush, briars, streams, and areas of mud to maximize the search effort.
- volunteers must have appropriate footwear for climbing up and down hills, cross small streams, walking through mud.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring a small backpack with sunscreen, tick repellent, water, and snacks. Water, snacks, and lunch will also be delivered to each team throughout the day while in the field.
- Volunteers are encouraged to wear gloves or have them in your backpacks to help navigate briar thickets. No flip-flops or sandals will be permitted during the search. Walking sticks are encouraged.
- Do NOT bring cameras or cell phones as taking videos and photographs will be strictly prohibited as this is a Criminal Investigation.
- If you are planning to search with a family member or friend and want to be placed on the same team, please make sure to submit your paperwork together at one time. We will make every effort to accommodate these requests.
Officials' last request reminded the community of the brutal reality of the search.
"All volunteers are asked to please remember, if found, Joe Clyde Daniels will not resemble the beautiful, blonde haired child we have seen in photographs. Please make sure you can endure what you might find."