Woman injured in Franklin House Fire

Franklin House Fire
Posted at 10:19 AM, Jan 21, 2023
and last updated 2023-01-24 14:19:24-05

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Firefighters responded to a house fire in Franklin early on Saturday.

Franklin Fire Department was dispatched to the scene just before 4:00 a.m. to a single-story home on Chestnut Lane.

Franklin Police Officer Kevin Spry arrived at the scene first and observed heavy smoke coming from the home.

Officer Spry opened the front door and pulled the only occupant of the home, a woman, from the threshold.

The woman was transported to the hospital by Williamson Medical Center EMS.

Franklin House Fire

FFD says that the woman called the department after her smoke alarm went off.

Officials estimate the cost of the damage to be about $100,000.

Franklin Fire Department released a statement saying that the house fire was caused by an electric portable space heater.

Get NewsChannel 5 Now, wherever, whenever, always free.

Watch the live stream below, and download our apps on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and more. Click here to learn more.