Jamie Protich from The Front Porch made a Holy Cow Cake. The Front Porch will be serving Holy Cow Cake today, Friday and Sunday. The restaurant is closed on Saturdays. The Front Porch is located at 108 Center Ave. Dickson, TN 37055. For more information call (615) 441-0006 and follow Front Porch on Facebook.
HOLY COW CAKE
1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 cup caramel topping
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 bag chocolate covered toffee bits
8 oz cream cheese, softened
16 oz whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Beat cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 34 to 38 minutes. Poke holes into cake using a straw.
4. Stir sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping together in a bowl; pour over warm cake and holes. Cool cake completely, about 1 hour.
5. Mix cream cheese and eight ounces of whipped topping together until smooth.
6. Sprinkle half of the candy bits over cooled cake.
7. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cake
8. Spread remainder of whipped topping over cake and sprinkle remainder of candy bits over the top of the cake.