Chef Hunter Moore from Parson's Chicken & Fish made Parson’s Mac & Cheese, one of the restaurant’s signature side dishes. (see recipe below) Parson’s Chicken & Fish is located in the Wedgewood-Houston area at 425 Chestnut St. Nashville, TN 37203. For more information, visit http://www.parsonschickenandfish.com/ or call (615) 649-8823.
Parson's Mac & Cheese
½ lb Butter
3 T Minced Garlic
6 T Minced Jalapeno
10 oz. (or 1 1/3 cup) Whole Milk
8 oz. American Cheese
4 oz. Cream Cheese
4 oz. (or 1 cup) Shredded Gruyere
4 oz. (or 1 cup) Shredded Widmers Cheddar
16 oz pkg of Pasta of your choice (Parson’s uses rotini)
1 c panko bread crumbs
1/4 c grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Shred gruyere and Widmers Cheddar
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain after cooking.
3. While pasta is boiling, melt butter in stock pot at low temperature.
4. Add garlic and jalapeno, confit for 10 minutes.
5. Add whole milk and bring to boil.
6. Add all cheeses, I oz. at a time, allowing each batch to fully melt before adding more.
7. Combine pasta and cheese into a baking dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
8. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese, sprinkle over top of casserole.
8. Broil for a few minutes or until top is golden brown.