Al Anderson from Big Al's Deli made Banana Bang Chicken. Big Al's Deli is located at 1828 4th Ave North, Nashville, TN 37208. For more information call (615) 242-8118.
BANANA BANG CHICKEN
1 3-4 lb whole chicken cut in half
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
4 ounces minced garlic
6 ounces brown sugar
4 ounces Habanero sauce
1 whole orange (squeezed)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl mash bananas until you have very small chunks.
3) Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix.
4) Place chicken into the marinade and coat the chicken thoroughly with the marinade.
5) Place the chicken with all the marinade into a Ziploc bag and marinate for 8 to 24 hours.
6) Place chicken into a baking dish, with the marinade on the bottom of the baking dish and spread marinade over the top of the chicken.
7) Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes or until chicken is done.
8) Remove foil, place chicken on a platter and serve.
A Big Al's deli recipe