Al made Grilled Pork Loin with Chorizo Sweet Potato Hash. Big Al's Deli is located at 1828 4th Ave North, Nashville, TN 37208. For more information call (615) 242-8118.
GRILLED PORK LOIN
2- 4 oz. pork loin chops
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ounce of vegetable oil
1) Coat the pork loin in the spices and grill in a pre-heated medium skillet over high heat with the vegetable oil.
2) Cook for two minutes on each side of pork loin until done.
SWEET POTATO CHORIZO HASH
2 c ground chorizo sausage
2 c sweet potatoes, cubed and cooked
1 c red potatoes, cubed and cooked
1/2 c red onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 T minced garlic
1 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1 t brown sugar2
T vegetable oil
4 large eggs, fried (optional to serve on top of hash)
1) Heat oil in a medium skillet add the chorizo and cook, stirring with a spoon, until the chorizo releases some fat and browns slightly, about 4 minutes.
2) Stir in the spices, sugar, onions, bell pepper, potatoes and oil. Leave undisturbed, until brown and crispy on the bottom, about 7 minutes.
3) Add eggs to the skillet and fry the eggs sunny side up.
4) To serve place hash on a plate with the grilled pork loin in the center of the hash. Add an egg on both sides of the hash and enjoy.