Jennifer Weishaupt told us about the new Ruby Sunshine restaurant in Hillsboro Village, and Chef David Reeves shared a recipe. Ruby Sunshine is now open at 1800 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN 37212. For more information, visit https://rubysunshine.getbento.com/location/ruby-sunshine-nashville/
Chicken St. Charles Eggs Benedict
2 pieces chicken (4 oz each)
1 buttermilk biscuit
10-12 leaves of baby spinach
2 poached eggs
2 oz Tasso cream sauce
Flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp chives
1. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, dip in egg wash, and dredge in flour again. Pat off excess flour before frying.
2. Fry chicken @ 350ºF in hot oil about 5 minutes, until pieces are golden brown and an internal temperature of at least 145-150ºF is reached. Remove from fryer and place on paper towels to absorb grease.
3. Place two eggs in lightly simmering poaching water and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Build benedict stacks: Place spinach leaves on plates. Cut biscuits in half and place in the center of the plate. Biscuit halves should be touching.
5. Place one piece of fried chicken on each biscuit half. Do not flatten.
6. Place one poached egg on top of each chicken piece.
7. Ladle 1 oz of Tasso cream sauce over each stack.
8. Sprinkle with chives to garnish.