Callie Blount made made gluten-free, dairy-free Coconut Cream "Ice Cream" Sandwiches. (see recipe below) Follow Callie on her blog www.luv-cooks.com and on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/luvcooks/.
Gluten Free Coconut Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches
What You Will Need:
8 almond flour snickerdoodle cookies (Simple Mills brand is my favorite!)
1/2 cup So Delicious Coco Whip
1/4 cup diced dried pineapple
1/4 cup diced dried mango
1/4 cup dried cranberries (or whatever pink or red-hued dried fruit you like!)
What You Will Do:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all of the dried fruit in a separate bowl.
- Schmear an almond flour cookie with about 2 tablespoons Coco Whip; top with a second cookie and push filling out a bit on the sides.
- Roll side of cookies in the dried fruit; place on parchment-lined sheet.
- Repeat with all cookies! Freeze for at least 30 minutes to set the “ice cream.” Enjoy!