Jamie Protich made a Pumpkin Pecan Praline Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. The Front Porch is located at 108 Center Ave. Dickson, TN 37055. They are open for lunch 6 days a week 11am-2pm and closed on Saturdays. Follow The Front Porch on Facebook @front.porch.986. For more information call (615) 441-0006.
Praline Pumpkin Cake
½ cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
¾ cup pecan pieces
1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup oil
½ cup water
1 can pumpkin puree-not pumpkin pie mix
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt butter, brown sugar and heavy cream in sauce pan over medium heat till sugar has melted.
2. Mix cake mix, oil, water, eggs in bowl with whisk or hand mixer. Stir in pumpkin
3. Spray two 8 inch cake pans with non stick spray and split caramel between pans. Sprinkle one half of the pecans over each pan
4. Split cake mix between both pans. Bake for 40 minutes until cakes spring back when touched
5. Cool for five minutes on a cooling rack then invert and finish cooling at least one hour. Frost with cream cheese frosting