The Lost Cajun is an authentic, family-friendly restaurant serving up traditional Louisiana fare. Rob Estrada shared a catfish dish for National Catfish Day. You can try it for yourself at The Lost Cajun 206A North Anderson Lane, Suite 700. Hendersonville, TN 37075
or for more information log on to their website thelostcajun.com
· 1 pound unsalted butter
· 2 cups diced yellow onion
· 1 cup diced green bell pepper
· 1 cup diced celery
· 1 tablespoon minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 2 pounds Louisiana crawfish tail meat
· ¼ cup all-purpose flour
· 1½ cups crawfish stock or seafood stock
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
· Dash of hot sauce
· ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
· 1 cup diced green onion tops
· 6 cups cooked Louisiana long-grain white rice, such as Supreme
- 3 Catfish filets
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions, bell pepper, and celery. Sauté until tender and add the garlic. Lower the heat to simmer and stir to combine. Season the mixture with cayenne and add the crawfish tail meat stirring to combine.
2. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir to incorporate and begin cooking the flour. Add some of the stock and continuing stirring until it begins to thicken. Add more stock until you get a stew-like thickness.
3. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Serve over a mound of white rice , add catfish and garnish with chopped parsley and green onion tops.