Chef Ryan Leatherbarrow from Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen shared the recipe for their Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. In honor of National Pi Day, for one day only, diners can “Pie One, Get One” of Cheddar’s made fresh-daily Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. Guests who order the restaurant’s iconic item in-restaurant or ToGo will get a second pie free-of-charge to take and bake at home, no coupon necessary. And not to worry – Cheddar’s will provide the baking instructions. To learn more about this offer, visit
. To locate the Cheddar’s restaurant nearest you, visit
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Inspired by Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen
Our Homemade Chicken Pot Pie features a scratch-made cream sauce, chopped vegetables and chicken – all covered in a light, flaky crust. The recipe below creates four individual Chicken Pot Pies.
· Four pastry crusts
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
· 1 cup of peas
· 1 cup of milk
· 1 ½ cup of chicken broth
· 4 Tablespoons of flour
· 4 Tablespoons of butter
· 2 tablespoons of melted butter
· 2 pounds of chicken, chopped
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Sauté chicken in 2 Tablespoons of butter, once chicken is cooked add the onions and carrots and cook until onions are tender, then set aside.
· Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter in a medium-sized pot. Once melted, add flour slowly, whisking to combine. Once flour is in, add milk and chicken broth and continuing to whisk until smooth. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste
· Once sauce is ready, add the onions, carrots, chicken and peas. Fold to combine.
· Portion filling into four oven-safe ramekins or bowls, then top with pastry crust. Lightly brush with melted butter.
· Place Pot Pies in oven for approx. 25-30 minutes, until crust is flaky and golden.
Recipe serves four.
About Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen:
At Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen, guests can enjoy classic, scratch-made recipes, prepared and served with care. For more information and to find a location near you, visit www.cheddars.com . Connect with us on Facebook.com/CheddarsScratchKitchen , Twitter.com/cheddarskitchen and Instagram.com/cheddarskitchen.