Jim Hagy from Chef's Market made Honey Butter Chicken. (see recipe below) Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details, visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
Chef’s Market Honey Butter Chicken
Yield: 6-8 Servings
6 chicken breasts
1 qt buttermilk
1 t paprika
1 t salt & pepper
2 c flour
1 T cornstarch
1 T salt & pepper
4 large eggs
1 c water
2 c panko bread crumbs
1 ½ dried parsley
1 pinch cayenne pepper
Honey Butter Sauce:
1 1/2 c honey
1/2 lb butter
1 t lemon juice
1. Preheat fryer & oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk buttermilk, paprika and teaspoon salt & pepper. Pour over chicken & marinate at least 15-20 mins.
3. Combine flour, corn starch and Tablespoon salt & pepper.
4. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour & press firmly to ensure the entire breast is coated in flour. Shake to remove excess flour.
5. Prepare egg wash with eggs & water. Place the chicken breasts in the egg wash making sure the entire breast is covered with egg. Gently shake off excess.
6. Mix panko & dried parsley. Place chicken breasts into mixture pressing firmly to get an even coating.
7. Deep fry chicken until golden brown. Place in oven for approximately 10 minutes or until it reaches 165 degrees.
8. Simmer all ingredients for Honey Butter Sauce over medium heat in a small saucepan. Serve warm over chicken.