Jim Hagy from Chef's Market prepares their Ike and Tina Tuna Salad (see recipe below) Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
8 cups of mixed greens
16 grape tomatoes
1 cucumber sliced
2 ounce of toasted pine nuts
1 recipe of taboulli (see below)
Dressing of choice, we suggest a balsamic or Chef’s Market Toasted Sesame Seed Vinaigrette
* Place baby greens into 4 large serving bowls,
* Divide the taboulli into 4 part, place on top of the green
* Divide the tuna salad into 4 parts, place on top of the taboulli
* Arrange the cucumbers and tomatoes around the bowl
* Serve with your dressing of choice
1/2 cup fine bulger wheat
4 firm roma tomatoes, very finely chopped
1 English Cucumber, very finely chopped
2 bunches of parsley, stems removed, washed and well-dried, very finely chopped
12-15 fresh mint leaves, stems removed, well dried finely chopped
2 green onion, white and green parts, very finely chopped
Salt to taste
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil
* Wash the bulger wheat, and soak it in water for 5-7 minutes. Drain very well (squeeze the bulgur wheat by hand to get rid of any excess water). Set aside.
* Very finely chop the vegetables, herbs and green onions as indicated above. Be sure to place the tomatoes in a colander to drain excess juice.
* Place the chopped vegetables, herbs and green onions in a mixing bowl or dish. Add the bulgur and season with salt. Mix gently.
* Now add the lemon juice and olive oil and mix again.
Basil Lemon Tuna Salad
2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna in water
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 Tablespoons minced red onion
1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
2 Tablespoons minced basil
* Drain tuna in colander and shred with fingers until no clumps remain and texture is fine and even.
* Transfer tuna to medium bowl and mix in lemon juice and zest, brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion, horseradish and basil until evenly blended
* Fold in mayonnaise until tuna is evenly moistened.
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…