Jim Hagy from Chef's Market prepares their Ike and Tina Tuna Salad (see recipe below) Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
8 cups of mixed greens
16 grape tomatoes
1 cucumber sliced
2 ounce of toasted pine nuts
1 recipe of taboulli (see below)
Dressing of choice, we suggest a balsamic or Chef’s Market Toasted Sesame Seed Vinaigrette
* Place baby greens into 4 large serving bowls,
* Divide the taboulli into 4 part, place on top of the green
* Divide the tuna salad into 4 parts, place on top of the taboulli
* Arrange the cucumbers and tomatoes around the bowl
* Serve with your dressing of choice
1/2 cup fine bulger wheat
4 firm roma tomatoes, very finely chopped
1 English Cucumber, very finely chopped
2 bunches of parsley, stems removed, washed and well-dried, very finely chopped
12-15 fresh mint leaves, stems removed, well dried finely chopped
2 green onion, white and green parts, very finely chopped
Salt to taste
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil
* Wash the bulger wheat, and soak it in water for 5-7 minutes. Drain very well (squeeze the bulgur wheat by hand to get rid of any excess water). Set aside.
* Very finely chop the vegetables, herbs and green onions as indicated above. Be sure to place the tomatoes in a colander to drain excess juice.
* Place the chopped vegetables, herbs and green onions in a mixing bowl or dish. Add the bulgur and season with salt. Mix gently.
* Now add the lemon juice and olive oil and mix again.
Basil Lemon Tuna Salad
2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna in water
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 Tablespoons minced red onion
1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish
2 Tablespoons minced basil
* Drain tuna in colander and shred with fingers until no clumps remain and texture is fine and even.
* Transfer tuna to medium bowl and mix in lemon juice and zest, brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion, horseradish and basil until evenly blended
* Fold in mayonnaise until tuna is evenly moistened.