Jim Hagy from Chef's Market made Kale and Apple Salad. (see recipe below) Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
Chef’s Market’s Apple and Kale Salad
2 bunches of kale
1/2 cup spiced pecans (recipe below)
1/2 cup of Feta cheese crumbles
1/2 cup of Craisins
1 apple diced (red or green)
1/4 cup of seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup of canola oil
· Prepare kale by washing thoroughly, and then pat dry with paper towel. Remove the stems then chop.
· Dice the apple and add to the kale mixture.
· Add the craisins, pecans and feta. Toss with the kale.
· Mix the oil and vinegar together by pouring both into a airtight container and shaking well.
· Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup of pecan halves
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
Mix together butter and brown sugar. Add the cayenne pepper, cinnamon and salt. Toss this mixture with the pecans, and place on a lined pan. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.