Jim Hagy from Chef's Market made Paleo-Friendly Kielbasa Vegetable Soup. (see recipe below) Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
Paleo Kielbasa Vegetable Soup
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 large carrot, diced
3 ribs celery, diced
14 ounces kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 sweet potatoes, cubed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 zucchini, cut into quarter inch moons
1 yellow squash, cut into quarter inch moons
1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
2 quarts chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
* Add olive oil into the bottom of a heavy stock pot.
* Sauté sausage, onion, potatoes and carrots for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté an additional minute.
* Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
* Add the remaining vegetables and sherry vinegar, then cover the pot and turn off, leaving the pot on the burner. Let rest for thirty minutes.
* Add salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve immediately and garnish with a fried lotus root slice.