Jim Hagy from Chef's Market made made Piggy Figgies, (bacon wrapped Boursin stuffed figs - see recipe below). Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
Candied Bacon-Wrapped Boursin Stuffed Figs
Yield: 2 Dozen
12 bacon strips
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of cornmeal
24 dried figs
1/4 cup Boursin cheese, softened
- Mix cornmeal and brown sugar.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half.
- Lay out bacon on 18 x 13 in. baking pan with a rack.
- Generously sprinkle brown sugar/corn meal mixture on the top of the bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Split the figs on one side, using your finger create a cavity in the fig.
- Pipe fig with softened Boursin cheese
- Once all figs are stuffed, wrap each with a half slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Before serving, place in a 350 degree oven for two minutes.