Jim Hagy from Chef's Market made Pineapple Upside Down Cake. (see recipe below)
Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
Chef's Market's Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
9 pineapple slices
9 Maraschino cherries
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 large egg whites, room temperature
1/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk, room temperature
· Preheat oven 350 degrees.
· In 9-inch cake pan, pour melted butter. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
· Blot pineapple slices and Maraschino cherries well, then arrange pineapple slices over the bottom of the pan. Place a cherry in the middle of each slice.
· Refrigerate pan while mixing cake batter.
· Prepare cake batter by combining cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
· In a mixing bowl beat butter on high one minute. As needed, scrape the side and bottom of bowl.
· Add sugar to butter and beat on high one minute.
· Add egg whites to sugar and butter mixture and beat for one minute.
· Add sour cream and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
· Add flour mixture, beating on low drizzling milk as you beat. Do not over beat.
· Spoon batter into cake pan on topping evenly.
· Bake approximately 45 minutes in 350-degree oven, then cool on baking rack for 20 minutes.
· Invert cake onto serving dish and serve cake