Chef Lakendra Davis from City Farm Company made Cheddar Herb Mac & Cheese. (see recipe below) To place an order for food with City Farm Company, visit www.cityfarmco.com or call (615) 557-7231. Follow them on Twitter @cityfarmco.
Cheddar Herb Mac & Cheese
Ready in 1 hour and 15 minutes - Serves 25-30 (4 oz servings)
● 8 cups Elbow Macaroni Noodles
● 8 oz unsalted butter
● 3 sprigs of Rosemary, finely chopped
● 8 oz all purpose flour
● 1 gallon Whole milk
● 3 Tbsp salt
● 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
● 2 Tbsp Black Pepper, ground
● 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
● 4 ½ cups of cubed Cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Bring 12-15 quarts of water to a boil large pot. Add macaroni noodles and stir to prevent sticking. Let boil for 10 minutes and drain. Refrigerate noodles until step 5.
2. Begin making the sauce by melting the butter in a separate pot. Add chopped rosemary and sauté. Do not let butter turn brown. Slowly whisk in the flour, making a thick paste like roux. Stir until all flour is combined
3. Slowly whisk in milk a quart at a time, making sure to incorporate all milk before the next addition. Keep whisking until all milk has been added. Stir every 1-2 minutes to prevent milk from
burning on the bottom.
4. Add salt, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, and garlic to milk mixture and whisk to incorporate. Let sauce continue to cook and thicken for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit.
5. Add cubed Cheddar to chilled macaroni noodles and mix together. Pour sauce over noodles and cheese cubes. Mix with spoon making sure to coat every noodle with the sauce.
Note: you can add more cheese or breadcrumbs to the top at this point, if desired.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Note if you added toppings, cook until
toppings are browned
Add chopped parsley to top of finished Macaroni and cheese for extra color. Enjoy
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…