Billy Dec and Mike Morales from Sunda New Asian made Coconut Lamb Satay. (see recipe below) The new Spring/Summer menu will be available in April, and lunch service on Fridays begins tomorrow. Visit Sunda New Asian, located at 592 12th Avenue South. Get all the details online at www.sundanewasian.com.
Coconut Lamb Satay
2 lbs lamb sirloin
1 small yellow onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp tamarind pulp
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 tsp sambal (asian chili paste)
1/4 cup coconut flakes
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp sesame oil
10 bamboo skewers (soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning when grilled)
1. Cut lamb into one inch cubes2. Combine lamb with chopped onion, crushed garlic, tamarind juice, soy sauce, sherry vinegar, sambal, and coconut flakes.
3. Marinate for minimum of 2 hours or best overnight.
4. Preheat grill or charcoal before beginning next steps
5. Thread 3-4 cubes of lamb onto skewers.
6. Brush each skewers with canola oil.
7. Place skewers on the hot preheated grill.
8. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side for medium. Longer if prefer well done. Serve right away.