Jim Hagy made Cookie Fries. Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
Chef’s Market Cookie Fries
Yield: 60 cookies
2 cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 Tbsp Baking powder
1 tsp salt
6 cups All Purpose flour
1/2 cup Sanding sugar
Powdered Sugar (to roll dough in)
· Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl on high speed for three minutes, or until smooth.
· Add eggs one at a time with mixer running on low. Turn mixer on medium. Add extracts and continue to beat until incorporated.
· Whisk baking powder, flour and salt together in a separate bowl. On low speed, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. Dough will be stiff.
· Place one cup of dough on plastic wrap that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Place another piece of wrap, also sprinkled with powdered sugar, on top of dough and roll dough into a 1/4-inch-thick disk. Continue with remaining dough in the same manner. Place disks in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours for best results.
· Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove plastic wrap from the disk of dough and gently press sprinkles into dough with a rolling pin. Lightly dust fry cutter with powdered sugar. Cut cookie dough into 1/4-inch strips wide and 4 inches long.
· Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sanding sugar. Bake for 6 – 7 minutes, rotate, and bake for 2-3 minutes more. Cookies should be lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheet after 3 minutes.
· Allow to completely cool. Serve with raspberry or chocolate syrup.