Devin Epps also known as The Shirtless Chef made a Bananas Foster Parfait (see recipe below) Catch Devin Epps aka The Shirtless Chef cooking live and in action each Sunday at 7pm on "Live Sundays with Chef Dev" on Instagram @theshirtlesschef. To contact Devin or for more information go to www.stayshirtless.com.
BANANAS FOSTER PARFAIT
16 oz. Cream Cheese
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1. Begin by allowing all of the ingredients to come to room temperature. Sit them out on the counter for an hour or two.
2. Next, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream until smooth.
3. Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
4. Preheat an oven to 350 and prepare a classic water bath for your cheesecake vessel.
5. Line a Springform pan with parchment paper and pour in the mixture. Smooth until even on top.
6. Wrap the Springform pan in foil to prevent any seeping water.
7. Bake the cheesecake base in the water bath for 45 minutes or until stiff, yet porous.
8. Allow the cheesecake to cool at room temp for placing in the refrigerator.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBLE
5 Graham Cracker Sheets
2 Tbsp. Butter
1. Soften the butter until room temp and set aside.
2. Crush the graham crackers roughly with your hands and combine with the softened butter until no melted butter is visible.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the crumble across the sheet (be sure not to overlap).
4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 - 7 minutes.
BANANAS FOSTER TOPPING
4 Tbsp. Salted Butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Oz. Dark Rum (optional)
1. Slice bananas into 1/2 inch thick coins.
2. Heat a large sauce pan over medium-low heat and melt the butter slowly.
3. Add in the brown sugar and heavy creams, increasing the heat to medium.
4. Once the sauce reaches a rolling bubble, reduce the heat to original and add the bananas; cooking on this heat for 3-4 minutes.
5. If adding rum, turn the heat off the pour in slowly. Allow the alcohol to cook out thoroughly by using the Flambé technique.
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…