Lynne Tolley from Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House shared her recipe for Slow Cooker Whiskey & Brown Sugar Pork Loin Roast. (see recipe below) For more information about Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House in Lynchburg, or to make reservations, call (931)759-7394.
Slow Cooker Whiskey & Brown Sugar Pork Loin Roast
2-3 lb pork loin roast
½ c water
3 T cornstarch
½ c water
½ c whiskey
1 c brown sugar
1 t garlic, minced
4 Tsoy sauce
1. Dry roast with paper towels.
2. Start a deep pan heating up on medium high, and add 2 T oil.
3. Make a rub with 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper and rub over roast.
4. Sear each side in pan, about 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
5. Place fat side up in slow cooker with ½ cup water and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
6. Before the last hour, make the Glaze by whisking together the cornstarch and ½ cup water until dissolved.
7. Add all other Glaze ingredients into a small pot, heating until boiling.
8. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 3-4 minutes, until Glaze thickens.
9. Baste pork loin 2-3 times during the last hour.
Optional: Place roast onto foil-lined pan, baste with Glaze and broil on high 1-2 minutes to caramelize crust.
Could substitute apple cider vinegar for whiskey.