Jim Hagy from Chef's Market Catering and Restaurant made Eggnog French Toast Casserole. (see recipe below) Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details call (615) 851-2433 or visit www.chefsmarket.com.
Eggnog French Toast Casserole
1 loaf Tuscan bread, cubed
2 cups eggnog
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound cold unsalted butter, grated
· Grease baking pan with butter, then evenly layer the cubed bread in the pan.
· In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract; then pour the mixture over the bread.
· Wrap the baking pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
· Stir flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt together. Add grated butter, and mix well until mixture resembles pebbles. Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator. Uncover baking pan and sprinkle with topping. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
· Check casserole in the center with a toothpick. Continue baking for 10 minutes or until a toothpick test comes out clean from the center of the casserole.
· Cool slightly, and dust with powdered sugar and fresh blueberries.