Blogger and Registered Dietician Mia Syn made Fudgy Black Bean Brownies. (see recipe below) For more healthy recipes, visit Mia's website, www.nutritionbymia.com and follow her on Instagramwww.instagram.com/nutritionbymia.
Fudgy Black Bean Brownie Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and well rinsed
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend black beans, coconut oil and maple syrup on medium-high until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, oats, baking powder and salt. Add to the food processor and pulse until incorporated.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin, filling each three-fourths full.
- Top with dark chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow the brownie bites to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan.