Cookbook author Erika Schlick made Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies that are great for anyone on a gluten-free diet - or even if you're not! (see recipe below) Find more healthy and gluten-free recipes in Erika's cookbook The Wandering Palate and on her website https://thetrailtohealth.com. Follow Erika on her blog on the website and @thetrailtohealth on Instagram.
GLUTEN-FREE FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These delicious nut butter cookies are vegan and gluten free! Naturally sweet, these will cookies will satisfy any sugar craving you might have.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
1 cup nut butter of choice
1/4 cup maple sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat nut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and baking soda until creamy and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Roll cookie dough into balls (about 1 ½ inches in size) and press onto baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown (depending on how crispy you want them).
6. Cool cookies on a wire rack and enjoy with how cocoa or almond milk!