Demetria White from White's Family Farm made Grilled Pork Chops with Honey Watermelon BBQ Sauce and Watermelon Salsa. (see recipes below)
The 'Watermelon Throwdown' Night Market at the Nashville Farmers Market is Friday, August 16 from 5pm-9pm. Nashville Farmers’ Market is located at 900 Rosa L. Parks Blvd. Nashville, TN 37208. Visithttps://www.nashvillefarmersmarket.org/calendarold/watermelon-throwdown-night-market for more information.
Honey Watermelon BBQ Sauce
1/2 c watermelon puree ( I used my blender to puree)
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c light brown sugar
1/4 c honey
2 T soy sauce
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 T white vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. (Stirring regularly) Season
with salt and pepper to taste. Cool and then serve. Enjoy!
• 1/4 Personal sized seedless watermelon diced
• ½ green bell pepper – diced small
• ½ orange bell pepper – diced small
• ½ c chopped red onion
• 15 sprigs of cilantro – chopped
• 1 jalapeno - minced
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 t roasted cumin powder
• Salt to taste
Mix all ingredients and enjoy!