Chef Chris Rains from The Chef & I made Heirloom Potato Salad Eggs Benedict. The Chef & I is presenting its first “Mystery Box Theater Challenge” on Friday, March 27 at 6pm. Six teams consisting of 2 people each will be given a box of mystery ingredients. Each team must use only those ingredients to create a signature meal in a timed kitchen, head-to-head challenge. Prizes will include the choice of a $600 gift card from The Chef & I or $600 Amazon Gift Card. Spectators can also buy tickets to attend and be entered into a raffle to judge the competition, along with complimentary cocktails and eats. More information is available here: https://www.exploretock.com/thechefandinashville/event/99114/mystery-box-theater-competitor-team-of-two. The Chef & I is located at 611 9th Ave. South Nashville, TN 37203. For more information, visit www.thechefandinashville.com or call (615) 730-8496.
HEIRLOOM POTATO SALAD EGGS BENEDICT
2 cups Heirloom potatoes, roasted
3 oz cooked bacon, chopped
2 ea hardboiled eggs, chopped
2 T green onions, chopped
4 T roasted red bell peppers, diced
1 T caper berries, chopped
3 T mayonnaise
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T brown sugar
1 egg, sunny side up
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Roast potatoes whole, cool then chop
2. Cook hardboiled eggs ahead of time
3. Cook bacon, cool then chop
4. Prepare all other ingredients
5. In a saute pan, warm the potatoes in olive oil
6. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together and lightly toss together.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Plate and top with a sunny side egg