Jamie Protich from The Front Porch in Dickson made a Lemon Buttermilk Pie. (see recipe below) The Front Porch is located at 108 Center Ave. Dickson, TN 37055. They are open for lunch 6 days a week from 11am-2pm. For more information, visit www.thefrontporchdickson.com, call (615) 441-0006 and follow Front Porch on Facebook.
Lemon Buttermilk Pie
· 1 cup sugar
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 cups buttermilk
· 4 large eggs
· 1/4 cup butter, melted
· 1/3 cup lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
· 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt.
· In a large bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
· Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator