Kristen Daughtry from the Portland Chamber of Commerce made a Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake and gave us a preview of the annual Middle Tennessee Strawberry Festival, which is Saturday, May 11 in downtown Portland, TN. For more information, go to www.middletnstrawberryfestival.com .
LOW CARB STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
1 1/4 cup almond flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 teaspoons Splenda
pinch of salt
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 oz packet sugar free strawberry jello
2 cups sliced strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a pie plate or springform pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix the almond flour, butter, Splenda and salt until mixture is crumbly. Press in the bottom of pie plate and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Cool crust completely.
4. Using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
5. Stir in vanilla extract.
6. Add in heavy cream & whisk on high until mixture thickens and soft peaks form.
7. Reduce speed to low & mix in jello packet until blended.
8. Fold in sliced strawberries.
9. Spread mixture evenly with a spatula over cooled crust.
10. Cover and chill until set (2-3 hours or overnight)