Devon Brown and Alana Mills made two superfood cocktails, Honey Lavender Bees Knees and Strawberry Ginger Smash. (see recipes below) m a new cookbook - - great healthy drinks for all seasons! . The new Superfood Cocktails book is available at Amazon: http://amzn.com/1642930903 Barnes & Noble: www.barnesandnoble.com/w/superfood-cocktails-devon-brown/1130787017?ean=9781642930900#/
Parnassus: https://www.parnassusbooks.net/book/9781642930900Meet Devon and Alana at a book signing at Parnassus Books on Friday 6/21at 6:30pm.
Strawberry Ginger Smash (Serves 1)
1/4 cup smashed strawberries
2-3 shakes Angostura bitters
2 ounces bourbon
3 ounces ginger ale or ginger beer
Fresh mind and fresh strawberries for garnish, optional
Smashed Strawberry Ingredients:
2 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 ounces bourbon
Smashed Strawberry Directions:
1. Place the strawberries into a medium-sized bowl and toss them with the sugar, chopped mint, and ginger. Let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Add the bourbon and mash the strawberries with a fork or muddler. Let sit for another 10 minutes before using. Can be stored in the refrigerator up to a week for future drinks.
1. Add the strawberries to the bottom of a chilled glass and mash with the bitters. Add ice on top of the strawberries.
2. Pour the bourbon over the ice and top it off with ginger ale or ginger beer.
3. Garnish with fresh mint and fresh strawberries and serve.
Honey Lavender Bees Knees (Serves 1):
1 tsp honey
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
2 ounces gin
4 ounces lavender soda
1. Add the gin and honey to a shaker and stir to dissolve the honey.
2. Add in the lemon juice.
3. Fill the shaker with ice and shake for 20-30 seconds.
4. Strain into a coupe glass and top with lavender soda.