Restauranteur and Food Network Star Maneet Chauhan made Red Kidney Bean Turkey Chili. (see recipe below) Check out www.pulses.org for more meal planning ideas, recipes and cooking tips. You can visit Maneet’s restaurants, Mockingbird Nashville, Tansuo and Chauhan Ale and Masala House – all on 12th Avenue North.
Red Kidney Bean Turkey Chili
1 can red kidney beans
½ lb ground turkey
3 onions sautéed to golden brown and blended
2 cup fresh tomato puree
1tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp green cardamom powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
½ cup yogurt
2 tbsp green coriander leaves (chopped)
- Heat oil and add blended onions.
- Add the tomato puree and sauté it.
- Add the cumin powder, red chili powder, cardamom powder, yogurt and salt.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the Turkey mince and mix well
- Add red kidney beans, mix it well and add a cup of water.
- Cook it for another 15- 20 minutes