Executive Chef Simoni Kigweba from Stay Golden Restaurant and Roastery made Chilaquiles - a Mexican breakfast dish. (see recipe below) Stay Golden has 2 locations in Nashville - the original, at 2934 Sidco Dr. #130 and Stay Golden East, located at 901 Woodland St in East Nashville. Get all the details online at www.stay-golden.com .
- 2 handfuls of tortilla chips
- ¼ cup of black bean puree (recipe below)
- 3 generous dollops of roasted salsa verde and salsa roja
- Sprinkle of cotija cheese
- Shaved onion (to garnish)
- 2 eggs
- Spread chips on plate.
- Spoon black bean puree over mixture.
- Place salsas and cotija cheese over chips.
- Garnish with fresh red onion.
- Top dish with two sunny side eggs.
Black Bean Puree
- 32 oz can black beans
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoon kosher Salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- Toast garlic over medium heat in flat bottom saucepan for four minutes or until garlic is fragrant and browned.
- Add chipotle peppers
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add mixture to food processor and blend until homogenous.