Michael King from Monell's made Cheesy Beef Goulash and gave us a preview of Nashville Oktoberfest. (See recipe below) The 38th Annual Nashville Oktoberfest is today 5pm-1pm, Friday and Saturday 10am-10pm and Sunday 10am-8pm. This year, Nashville Oktoberfest is located on Jefferson Street in Germantown, as well as portions of 4th, 5th and 6th Avenues. The address for directions is 998 5th Ave N Nashville, TN 37219. Admission is free. For all the details, go to www.thenashvilleoktoberfest.com.
Cheesy Beef Goulash
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB seasoned salt
- 2 TB Italian seasoning
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain. Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the uncooked elbow macaroni to skillet, stir well, return the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off heat, remove the bay leaves, and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese right before serving