Nashville's Oktoberfest is a Germantown tradition since 1980 .. NOW Spanning 10 city blocks, over a quarter of a million people will attend! Nashville Oktoberfest is Oktoberfest is October 11-14. Thursday 5pm - 1pm, Friday and Saturday 10am - 10pm and Sunday 10am - 8pm. This year the festival is on Jefferson Street as well as 4th, 5th and 6th Avenues in Germantown. The address for directions is 998 5th Ave N Nashville, TN 37219. For all the details go to www.thenashvilleoktoberfest.com
EASY PORK SCHNITZEL
6 Boneless Pork Loin Chops
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Sleeve Ritz Cracker Crumbs Crushed
1/4 Cup Milk
1. With a meat mallet pound each pork chop until they are roughly twice the original size and very thin. Pound firm but don't smash the meat.
2. Season meat with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Set aside.
3. Mix the two eggs with the milk in a bowl.
4. Coat each Pork Schnitzel first in flour, then in egg mix and at last in the cracker crumbs.
5. Heat one or two tablespoons of butter in a large pan over medium heat. You can add a drop of oil to prevent the butter from burning.
6. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot add the breaded Schnitzel. Take care not to crowd the pan, rather fry the Schnitzel in portions than overcrowd the pan.
7. Fry quickly until the breading turns golden brown. If necessary, add some more butter, this will help to achieve the right color. Frying will only take a couple of minutes on each side since the meat is so thin.
8. After approximately 4 minutes total frying time, remove Schnitzel from pan and pat dry in a piece of kitchen towel. This will help to remove excess fat and save you some calories.
9. Garnish each Schnitzel with a lemon slice (the lemon juice ads a great flavor to the Schnitzel).
10. Serve with German Potato Salad