Michael made a King Cake Casserole in honor of Mardi Gras (see recipe below). Monell’s has 3 restaurant locations in the Nashville area. The original location in Historic Germantown in downtown Nashville, 1235 6th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37208, Monell’s at the Manor on Murfreesboro Road, which also features a seated family style service and Cafe Monell’s, in Berry Hill which serves patrons on the go. For menu details, hours and more visit www.monellstn.com.
King Cake Casserole
prep time: 5 MIN cook time: 30 MINS total time: 35 mins
· 2 (12.4-oz) cans refrigerated Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
· 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
· 2/3 cup sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 1 cup milk
· purple, yellow, green sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Separate cinnamon rolls, save icing to use after the bubble up is baked. Cut each cinnamon roll into 4 pieces. Place in bottom on prepared pan.
3. Using a hand held electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Add milk and mix until combined. Pour over chopped cinnamon rolls.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Spread cinnamon roll icing over top of casserole. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…