Callie Blount from the Luv-Cooks blog made a Sweet Corn Pizza with Monterey Jack and Chorizo. Here's a link to Callie's recipe, including some other great tips for using leftovers:- http://www.luv-cooks.com/my-life-changing-leftovers-tip-sweet-corn-pizza-with-chorizo/. Follow Callie on her blog www.luv-cooks.com and on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/luvcooks/. Follow Callie's food styling channel on YouTube called Plate It Perfect here:
Sweet Corn Pizza with Monterey Jack and Chorizo
This corn pizza is perfect- and easy enough- for summertime! Just grab some fresh summer corn, spicy chorizo, and melty cheese and you are ready to create a hearty appetizer or fun main course. Try substituting the chorizo for ground beef or turkey with taco seasoning if good quality chorizo is hard to come by.
What You Will Need:
Yield: 1 pizza
- 1 pound ground chorizo
- 4 fresh ears sweet corn, shucked and kernels removed for cooking
- 1/2 cup diced Vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 (13.9-ounce) can pizza crust
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 4 ounces Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
What You Will Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium saute pan, cook chorizo over medium heat, breaking up large pieces with a spoon. Once cooked through, remove to plate.
- Add corn kernels, onion, cumin, and taco seasoning to pan. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until onion softens and corn is crisp tender, about five minutes.
- Remove corn mixture from heat.
- Cover a large surface with parchment paper. On it, roll out pizza dough into a large circle.
- Move dough to parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven, then top with cooked chorizo, corn/onion mixture, cheese, and sliced jalapenos.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, about 10 minutes more.
- Top with cilantro leaves and serve immediately with hot sauce.